NSW Friday Update - 44 new cases - another record highest day of cases for this year
• 29 were either fully or partially exposed to the community during their infectious period
• 35 linked to known cases and clusters
• 10 close contacts
• 25 household contacts
• 43 in hospital
• 10 ICU
• 4 ventilated
• 14 admitted to hospital under 55
• 7 in hospital are under 35
• of those 10 in ICU - 1 in 20's, 1 in 30's, 1 in 50's, 5 in 60's, 2 in 70's
• one OS acquired case
• over 14,000 close contacts - DOUBLED - yesterday it was 7000
ALL NSW residents need to behave as if the virus is in your area and follow the rules -
• a number of large venues added to the list of exposure sites including an Ikea store, supermarkets, an Aldi, Kmart and a post office - a list is in the NSW Govt website
• all members of the community MUST follow the health advice
• OS countries have vaccination coverage very different from our situation of just 9% vaccination coverage
• case numbers WILL go up with this many active in the community
• this Delta variant is far more contagious and transmissible and the rate is going up exponentially every day
• until we get substantial rates of vaccination we cannot open up
• Gladys said we cannot ease restrictions until numbers get to close to zero
• restrictions most likely will not ease by next Friday - further lockdowns expected - extended areas
• no matter where you are in NSW, not just the lockdown areas, please assume every time you leave home you are at risk of getting the virus and passing it onto others
• do not leave your home unless it is absolutely essential
• shopping - can you do it online, can you click & collect, can you do deliveries - NO browsing
• Gladys says people have to follow the rules "or we will see thousands and thousands in hospital"
LOTS of new restrictions for lockdown areas - numbers reduced for most activities -
• funerals to go down to 10 people only
• only pairs exercising together
• only essential shopping
• local area only - not moving outside your own areas
• nobody outside households is allowed into your house
• many, many more restrictions will go onto NSW Gov website today
REGIONAL NSW - INCLUDING BYRON SHIRE -
EVERYONE MUST BEHAVE AS IF COVID IS ALREADY IN YOUR AREA AND CONTINUE TO USE MASKS IN ALL INDOOR SETTINGS, KEEP YOUR DISTANCE
ALL BUSINESSES MUST ALSO COMPLY TO THE RULES SET BY THE NSW GOVT AND THAT INCLUDES BYRON BAY AND MULLUMBIMBY, WHERE ALL BUSINESS AND STAFF MUST WEAR MASKS AT ALL TIMES.
THIS ALSO INCLUDES ALL VISITORS AND TOURISTS - COVID IS NOT TAKING A HOLIDAY, SO PLEASE RESPECT THE LOCAL COMMUNITY AND IT'S RESIDENTS AND HELP TO KEEP THEM SAFE DURING YOUR HOLIDAY.
If you are in any way confused then go to the NSW Govt website and check.
IF YOU ARE SICK, GO AND BLOODY TEST!
July 9, 2021, 2:27 pm